Automation Engineer / Systems Engineer / Control Systems Engineer / Industrial Automation Engineer
- Post Date:Jan 13, 2022
- Apply Before: Feb 3, 2023
- Views 151
- Salary Offered R30,000 - R50,000Career Level SkilledExperience 5 Years
- Gender BothINDUSTRY Engineering ServicesQualification Diploma
- Keyword Automation Engineer, Systems Engineer, Control Systems Engineer, Industrial Automation, Engineering, PLC, SCADA, SIEMENS, Rockwell, Allen Bradley, Automation Design & Implementation Engineer
Automation Engineer. Systems Engineer, Control Systems Engineer required to join a dynamic industrial automation solutions provider. You will work with a team of experienced and skilled automation engineers. Our client is seeking an engineer with five years minimum experience in implementing industrial automation solutions, not just maintenance. This position will be based in Cape Town.
The preferred candidate will be able to demonstrate solid experience in implementing industrial automation solutions. Furthermore, the capability to design systems and have excellent project management expertise.
Our client offers a market related salary including an incentive and travel allowance, contributes towards a medical plan and group insurance scheme (disability and death), and a company PC and mobile phone will be provided as well.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Industrial Automation and Process Control Engineering functions.
- Design and implementation of Automation Systems.
- PLC Programming
- SCADA development and programming.
- MES and reporting system development.
- Factory acceptance testing (FAT).
- Commissioning on site.
- Project management.
- Support / breakdown assistance on site.
Desired skills and knowledge:
- Familiar with Schneider EcoStruxture Machine, Automation and control expert, Vijeo designer.
- Familiar with Aveva Wonderware InTouch, System Platform, Historian and plant SCADA (Citect).
- Familiar with Siemens TIA portal, Step 7.
- Familiar with Rockwell Automation Allen Bradley RS Logix 500/ 5000.
- Familiar with GE/Emerson PAC & SCADA.
- Familiar with Inductive Automation Ignition SCADA.
- Knowledge of PLC’s, SCADA, SQL, MS Windows & MS Server.
- Knowledge of Ethernet network configurations.
- Tertiary Engineering education.
- 5 to 8 years’ experience in implementing Industrial Automation and Process Control Solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, while being fluent in English & Afrikaans.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment and have meticulous attention to detail.
- Continuously seeking to develop personal skills and be motivated and ambitious.
- Be willing to work long hours as and when required.
- Be willing to travel and work away from home.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, as well as a valid passport and must be able to legally work in South Africa.