Junior Operations Manager
- Post Date:Sep 7, 2020
- Apply Before: Sep 30, 2020
- Views 42
- Salary Offered R15,000 - R20,000Career Level ManagerExperience 5 Years
- Gender MaleINDUSTRY ManagementQualification Diploma
- Keyword Logistics, Operations, Fleet
Junior Operations Manager
My client in Milnerton, a service delivery company, is seeking a young, energetic Operations Manager to manage driving and cleaning staff as well as a fleet of vehicles.
Responsibilities & Duties;
They are looking for a dependable, energetic operations manager who can deliver on running a highly effective, efficient and safe logistics operation while maintaining a disciplined but pleasant and open working environment.
– Daily as well as longer term planning for optimal capacity and allocation of staff and vehicles.
– Management of all operations staff in yard and on the road to meet daily deliverables.
– Communication with internal sales regarding daily progress and/or issues.
– Ensuring continuous compliance of staff with all SHE, quality and other operational policies and procedures.
– Responsible for response to incidents, accidents, breakdowns and investigation of complaints and for reporting, evaluating and implementing appropriate corrective actions.
– Recruiting, training, supervising, evaluating and disciplining operational staff with help from human resources.
– Managing adherence to all equipment maintenance schedules and prompt repair of any wear & tear, faults and damages.
– Managing all operational costs e.g. by effective overtime management of staff in line with shift structures, effective control of fuel usage as well as services, maintenance and repairs sourcing.
– Analysing, monitoring and reporting to management of entire logistics process to find and recommend on improvement opportunities in cost and service to our clients.
– Implementing the necessary changes in policies, procedures and working methods.
– Maintaining a disciplined environment of collegiality and collaboration among staff.
• Grade 12 Essential.
• National Diploma in Transport Management or similar qualification would be an advantage.
• SHEQ qualification would be an advantage.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior operations position within the Logistics/Transport industry
OR or 2 years work experience & engineering degree/diploma or similar
• Strong computer skills including excel.
• Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
• Ability to work alone and self-motivated.
• Team player.
• Strong problem solving skills
• Strong HR skills.
• Technical vehicle knowledge will be an advantage.
Salary: R17 000 – R20 000 CTC (negotiable)
To apply for this role, forward a full CV and recent photo of yourself to email@example.com